INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
- This Journal is a refereed journal for the reliability and allied disciplines, such as maintainability, safety, various measures of effectiveness, and related product liability.
- Submissions of Manuscripts
- An electronic file or three copies of the manuscript submitted for consideration should be sent to the editor-in chief or one of the area editors, International Journal of Reliability and Applications . The manuscript will not normally be returned to the authors. Receipt of manuscripts will be acknowledged, and if the acknowledgement does not come within a reasonable time, authors encouraged to contact the corresponding editor.
- Preparation of Manuscripts
- Manuscripts should be typewritten and double spaced with margins at sides, top and bottom (refer to the latest volumn of the journal). The use of word processor LaTeX or Microsoft Word is preferred. Manuscripts should include references and key word. Keywords (within 5 words of phrases) with heading “Key Words” should be placed between the abstract and main body of the manuscript.
- Submission of Reference Papers
- Two copies of unpublished or not easily available papers cited should be submitted with the manuscripts.
- Title and Abbreviated Title
- The title should be descriptive and concise. An abbreviated title to be used as a running head is also required.
- Each manuscript should contain an abstract with heading “ABSTRACT” following the title of the paper. The length of an abstract should not exceed 150 words. Formulas should be used as sparingly as possible. The abstract, should not make references to results of formulae in the body of paper. It should be self-contained.
- Name and address of Authors
- Author's names and full addresses should be placed between the title and abstract in the manuscript's first page.
- Footnotes should be reduced to a minimum and, where possible, be replaced by remarks in the text or references. Formulae in footnotes should be avoided. Footnotes in the text, Should be identified by superscript numbers.
- Figures and Tables
- Figures, charts and diagrams should be prepared in a form a suitable for photographic reproduction, Accompanying footnotes should by typed immediately below the table.
- References should by typed in the following styles :
- Barlow, R. E. and Proschan, F. (1975). Statistical Theory of Reliability and Life Testing : Probability Models , Holt, Rinehart, Winston.
- Lim, J. H. and Park, D. H. (1999). Expectation of Average Maintenance Cost for Imperfect Repair Model, IEEE transactions on Reliability , 49 , 90-100.
- In textual material, the format ‘Proschan (1984)' is normally preferred to ‘Proschan(1)'.
- Multiple references can be distinguished as “Proschan (1984a)'. Abbreviation for the name of journal should not be used.
Printed by World Printech Co., 16-91 Hangangro 3-ga, Yongsan-gu Seoul , Korea
Tel : +82-2-712-3456, FAX : +82-2-712-5775